Friday, April 29, 2005

New Albums Galore

Franz Ferdinand aren’t the only ones bringing out seconds. There is talk of a new Jet album but it is still speculation when they will start recording. Damage Plan has collected what they recorded with Dimebag (lead guitarist), who was recently murdered at a gig with the band, and have brought together an album. Release dates have not been discussed yet. The Darkness’s new album appears to be just a smattering of cover songs, which is a bizarre move for a recent band. They should try to build a bigger fan base before attempting gambles like this.

Veteran band the Foo Fighters are releasing a fifth album, which will be double. One cd will be rock & the other acoustic. It is called In Your Honour, and singer Grohl claims that it will be the Foo Fighter’s Physical Graffiti (Led Zeppelin’s fifth album, which was also a double), so it comes with high expectations. Also on their fifth are the White Stripes, who have named their new 13 track album Get Behind Me Satan. This is due out on June 7th. System of a Down are also releasing their fifth with Mezmerize on April 26th, with another album (Hypnotize) coming out later this year. And finally Pearl Jam are releasing their 8th studio album to follow up 2002's Riot Act and 2004’s Rearview Mirror, which was a ‘best of’ compilation. No names have been mentioned and there is much speculation as to when it will be released.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding alvarez guitars and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Rock Daze your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on alvarez guitars was way off when compared to this post and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for alvarez guitars for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really enjoyed it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW Rock Daze. The other half and I just got back from our friends house (well her friends house) and I needed a huge break. I am working on a project right now that is based on acoustic electric guitars. I have literally been on-line for 2-3 hours doing research. Even though this post really isn’t on the same page as acoustic electric guitars I am certainly glad I came across your blog. There are a ton of great view points on this blog. Well I think I can here the kids screaming in the background. I put you in my internet favorites and I will certainly come back and visit. If you want to take a peek at my site you can find me here at acoustic electric guitars. I update my site very frequently. Again, great job blogging and I will be back again soon!

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog Rock Daze. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of beatles guitar tabs and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on beatles guitar tabs. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit this post again!!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home